Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: PS3 fanatics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    [ QUOTE ]
    Somebody needs to go up there and slap the [censored] out of those idiots.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I came very very close...
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    People did the same thing for the XBOX 360.. there were people camping outside at Best Buy stores all across the country. This is nothing new at all.. happens nearly every year a new system is released.

    Anyone remember the Halo 2 launch? I remember it was pretty crazy how much demand there was just for that one gaming title.

    The Playstation 3 will no doubt overshadow the Wii simply because of some of Nintendo's blunders in the past (Gamecube for a great example) and the power of the Playstation brand name, but I strongly believe that if they can get the Wii off to a strong start, they can really pull gamers in -- gamers of all ages and backgrounds.

    Here is an interesting CNN article talking about how it pulled in non-gamers:
    LINK

    Not trying to change the subject, just kind of trying to explain about how I believe it will affect gamers.

    I'll be perfectly happy without a Playstation 3 for the time being..

    I'll stick with my XBOX 360 (Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, Madden 07) and then the Wii (Wii Sports, Zelda, Madden 07).

    The only game I see on the PS3 that looks pretty sweet is Resistance: Fall of Man. Everything else looks pretty average.. nothing that I'd really want to play.

    The Nintendo Wii will have much greater availability, too, as Nintendo is shipping out millions of units as compared to Sony's thousands.

    Good luck finding one without having to sell your soul on Ebay first.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    I knew I would get a response out of yeah. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    You can't stand for a little leg pulling. I was really just showing the ignorance of a parent to let a kid stay out of school out there waiting on something like this.

    Of course, schools will be bearen due to a lack of students waiting on the Wii to release. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    I'm not upset or angry at you.. I just wanted to share my $0.02.

    I understand that there's obviously a greater demand for the Playstation 3, but when HASN'T there been a great demand for Playstation systems? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    "At night, his dad comes and spends the night"?bringing warm food and anything else his son needs."

    The lack of parenting skills there really chafes me. I would be damned before I'd let my son miss a week of school just for a video game.

    "The Playstation 3 will no doubt overshadow the Wii simply because of some of Nintendo's blunders in the past (Gamecube for a great example)"

    Gamecube a blunder? Can you please give an example? I think the Gamecube was a great system, chock full of excellent games. It brought us Resident Evil 4 (the best Resident Evil, by the way), Metroid Prime (graphically one of the best first person shooters around), Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (cel shaded graphics were questionable at first, but made the game stand out excellently). Just because Nintendo refused to add a DVD player or online play and focus on gameplay does not classify this system as a failure. Could not touch the PS2 as far as it's gigantic library, but far ahead of the original XBox, in my opinion.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    By blunder I just mean how much it was outsold by the PS2 and XBOX.

    Now in terms of quality? Indeed you are right.. it was one amazing system in terms of some of the games it had. I think you listed the best ones .. Metroid Prime was really fun from what I can remember. I never truly got to play Resident Evil 4 but I've heard EVERYONE talk about how it is possibly one of the best games ever made.

    Sadly, I sold my Gamecube quite a while back -- mainly because I wasn't happy with the support it was getting. Not enough good software coming in, and just too slow when compared to the steady flow of incoming games for the XBOX (which I used to replace the Gamecube.)

    So the Gamecube was definitely not a bad system. Its graphical power wasn't all that great, but I enjoyed its compact size and the unique games that were exclusive for it. Just a few more I figured I'd mention: Pikmin and Super Mario Sunshine.

    However, there's no denying that it simply got whooped (and is still being whooped) by the PS2 and XBOX sales. Unfortunately, sometimes bad things just happen to good consoles.

    Remember how awesome the Sega Dreamcast was? Great example of a really cool console with some really cool games gone wrong. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

    Anyways I'd better get to bed.. Dang homework!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    I bought the Dreamcast specifically for Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Afterwards I discovered that, as you said, there were some really great games for it, such as Sega Bass Fishing (one of the greatest fishing games ever), House of the Dead 2, Crazy Taxi...the list goes on.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    Did anyone else watch the video where they talked to the kid in the tent, he needs to get to the arcade and hit the Dance Dance Revolution game for about 30 minutes a day.

    I am in complete agreement with MikMo on this one, what kind of parenting is this.

    I bet he gets a great response with his last statement about Johnson City not being a safe place.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    Resident Evil 5 will also be released on the PS3. That will be something to look forward to.
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS3 fanatics

    [ QUOTE ]
    Resident Evil 5 will also be released on the PS3. That will be something to look forward to.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, Resident Evil 5 should be pretty amazing. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    I think the thing that really made Resident Evil 4 rock was the fact that it took over a completely new system of control instead of those "tank"-like controls in the original game that were so frustrating to use.

    I remember I always loved Resident Evil 2 because of the many gruesome scenes (the zombie attack on the gun shop was very memorable for me because I never expect games to seem so realistic and violent), but I never really got very far in it or even got hookedon it because it was a really frustrating game to play.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Did anyone else watch the video where they talked to the kid in the tent, he needs to get to the arcade and hit the Dance Dance Revolution game for about 30 minutes a day.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    LMFAO, I wasn't going to say anything at first in fear of offending someone, but I couldn't help but think the same thing. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    He pretty much DEFINES "Ub3r n3rd!"
    Officially retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •